I love seeing what clever food bloggers can do with our coconut chips, and this recipe by @DeliciouslyKeto is amazing! Kim uses Beach Harvest Plain Coconut Chips as the final touch on this low carb Keto dessert.
Here is the recipe:
Vanilla Bean and Berry Coconut Tartlet (Serves 4)
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup Nutra Organics coconut flour
1 tbsp Erythritol
2 tbsp psyllium powder
2 tbsp ghee
2 eggs, lightly whisked
Vanilla bean filling:
3/4 cup cream
3/4 cup almond milk
2 tbsp Erythritol
1/2 vanilla bean
1 1/4 tsp gelatine
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp Hawthorne Hill Farm Mixed Berry Jam
1 cup mixed fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries)
30g Zebra dark chocolate chocolate
Beach Harvest Coconut chips
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- To make the tartlet crust place the dry ingredients into a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add the ghee and continue to pulse until mixture resembles sand.
- While food processor is running, slowly pour in the eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Remove from food processor and allow to rest for 10mins. ( Mixture may look a little wet at the start however while the mixture rests the coconut flour will absorb the moisture )
- Lightly spray 4 tartlet trays with oil. Divide crust mixture into 4 and line each tray with pastry.
- Bake the tarts for 13-15mins. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- To make the filling mix the gelatine and water in a small bowl. Set aside to allow the gelatine to bloom while preparing the filling.
- Slice the vanilla bean in half and scrape out seeds. Add the vanilla bean seeds and pod to the cream and milk, heat in a small pot until it just starts to simmer. Turn off the heat and add the sweetener and gelatine, stirring to dissolve completely.
- Allow the cream mixture to sit for 10 mins to cool slightly. Pass the cream mixture through a sieve to remove the vanilla bean pod.
- Fill cold tart cases with vanilla filling and refrigerate for at least 6hrs or overnight.
- To prepare the berry compote heat the jam in a small pot over a low heat until just melted. Add the berries and toss through the jam to completely coat the berries. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- To assemble, top the set tartlets with some berry compote, drizzle some melted chocolate on top and sprinkle with coconut chips.
If you try this recipe, please tag @beachharvest and @deliciouslyketo so we can share and like!