3 ways to enjoy coconut today April 23 2019
I started my coconut journey in 2013. I read about the benefits of coconut and thought, "wow, we need more of this!"
Unfortunately, I didn't grow up with coconut, so I had no idea how to feed coconut to my family.
Luckily, I've found some amazing coconut recipes that my family continues to enjoy. I'm so happy to share them with you!
Do you want to eat more coconut? At a loss of where to start? These are 3 of my favourite ways to enjoy coconut (hint: they're kid friendly, too!).
Breakfast - coconut granola
I've always enjoyed cereal for breakfast, so switching from the mass-produced, highly processed stuff in the grocery stores to a nutrient-dense, coconut version was easy. I enjoy coconut granola with fresh banana and almond milk, but the beautiful thing about granola is you can modify it to suit your tastes.
It's also very easy to make your own - our granola includes coconut, macadamias, almonds, and pecans, but you can make your own and omit the cheap additives commonly found in the mass-produced brands.
Lunch - chia pudding
This is filling and will get you through the afternoon! I LOVE coconut chia pudding - and it's SO EASY and delicious. This easy recipe takes 2 minutes to make and keeps well in the fridge to save for later:
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (add more or less depending on your sweet tooth)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chia seeds *disclaimer: I LOVE chia seeds (hello protein!), and I prefer a thick pudding. You can add 1/4 cup or less if you don't want thick pudding
- optional: wait 15 mins (for the chia seeds to thicken up), and add fresh banana, berries, or coconut sprinkles. YUM!
Dinner - pumpkin soup
This is one of my family staples and my kids LOVE IT. It's healthy, easy to make, tastes delicious, and is perfect served with fresh warm bread.
- Combine one kilo of roasted pumpkin (chopped, skin removed) with 1 cup of vegetable stock in a large saucepan.
- Set the stove to low, and use stick blender to blend to desired consistency.
- After soup has reached desired temperature and consistency, add 1 can of coconut milk and serve while warm.
- My husband adds Sweet Chilli coconut chips to his, but my kids prefer it without. Feel free to experiment and let us know how it goes.
How do you enjoy coconut?
Maybe you make an amazing coconut smoothie bowl, have an unique coconut muesli or claim the spiciest coconut curry as your own? Either way we'd love to hear from you!
Got a picture to share? Or just looking for more coconut ideas?
Like us on Facebook here
Follow us on Instagram here
If you're lacking inspiration, check out these pics from the Beach Harvest coconut community!
From my family to yours,💚
Founder & CEO, Beach Harvest Coconuts.
3. C. Castle